July 2010 – Present
President of the Portland Police Association, a $1.5 million nonprofit organization representing 900 sworn members in the ranks of Officers, Sergeants, Detectives, and Criminalists.
Lead negotiator for the Portland Police Association negotiating multi-million dollar collective bargaining agreements with the City of Portland in 2010 and 2014.
- Advocating for the rights of our members
- Negotiating Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Insuring a safe and comfortable work environment
- Representing members in the discipline process, through the grievance procedure, in the arbitration process, and with disability and retirement fund issues.
- Providing support and representation for members involved in critical incidents.
- Assisting in the development of Portland Police Bureau Policies
- Advocating for members’ interests in the State Legislature and before Portland’s City Council
- Managing the day to day operations and staff of the PPA in fiscal, administrative, and public relations matters.
July 1991 – Present
Hired as a Portland Police Bureau Officer July 3, 1991
- Attended and successfully completed The State of Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training Basic Academy.
- Attended and successfully completed the Portland Police Bureau Advanced Academy consisting of but not limited to firearms training, patrol tactics, defensive tactics, report writing, investigative techniques, patrol vehicle operations, courtroom testimony, state, county, and city laws, ordinaces, and codes, Police Bureau policies, directives, and ethics.
Gang Enforcement Team Drug Unit (1995)
- Responsible for undercover investigations of street level drug dealing , crack houses, prostitution, human trafficking and other organized crime associated with street gangs.
- Also trained in and responsible for plain clothes undercover operations, informant handling, surveillance operations, search warrant writing, tactical entries, courtroom testimony, and evidence gathering
Training Division TAC Officer (1999)
- Team member responsible for the training of a combined 71 new recruit and lateral transfer officers.
- Responsibilities included writing evaluations, training of firearms, defensive tactics, patrol tactics, patrol vehicle operations, report writing, investigative techniques, courtroom testimony, Police Bureau policies, directives, and ethics.
Drugs And Vice Division Undercover Investigator (2000)
- Responsible for undercover investigations of middle to high level drug organizations, prostitution, human trafficking, and other organized crime associated with these organizations.
- Other responsibilities included plain clothes undercover operations, informant handling, surveillance operations, search warrant writing, tactical entries, and evidence gathering.
– Elected to the Portland Police Association Executive Board (2001)
– Training Division Probation Services Coordinator (2002)
– Drugs And Vice Division Drug House Investigations (2003)
– Elected Portland Police Association President (2010)