California Casualty Earthquake Insurance

California Casualty Earthquake Coverage

PPA’s Partner, California Casualty, provides Earthquake Insurance

Here are things you need to know:

Homeowners and renters insurance do not cover earthquake damage – while they cover losses from fire, wind and broken pipes – earthquake (and flood) insurance must be purchased separately

Coverage can start the next day unless there has been a recent earthquake in your immediate area

Most policies have a deductible, or the amount you will pay before the insurance begins to pay (typically 10, 15, 20 or 25 percent of the amount of coverage of your property)

Most policies cover the cost of repairs or rebuilding your home after an earthquake; coverage for outbuildings, personal property and loss of use additional living expenses can cost extra

Policies can run from a few hundred dollars to around one thousand dollars per year; determining your premium can depend on:

  • How close you live to a fault or faults (determined by zip code)
  • The value  and age of your home
  • The type of soil on your property
  • The building materials used in your home
  • The coverage you choose

Call your PPA-endorsed insurance program at 877.626.2871 or email Dee Dee Templeton at dtempleton@calcas.com for more information and a no-obligation quote.