Anil is a founding member of the Public Safety Labor Group. He has been practicing law since 2006. For the first three years of his legal career, he worked at a prominent Portland commercial law firm. He began practicing union side labor law in July 2009. Anil specializes in representing law enforcement associations and guilds in Oregon, Washington, and Alaska in all aspects of their labor relations, including day-to-day counsel, negotiations, arbitrations, unfair labor practice proceedings, civil litigation, and critical incident response. He is general counsel for police association and guilds of all sizes, including the Portland Police Association. He has bargained many labor agreements and has participated in numerous arbitrations on their behalf. He has also responded to nearly 50 officer involved shootings and in-custody deaths.
Anil graduated from Reed College in Portland, Oregon in 1999 with a BA in Philosophy. He obtained his law degree from the University of Oregon School of Law in 2006.
Anil is a frequent speaker for the Labor Relations Information System, University of Oregon LERC program, the Washington Coalition of Police and Sheriffs (WACOPS), and the Oregon Labor Law College. He also provides tailored training to our clients on topics ranging from shop steward basics to recent developments in the law.
- “Social Media In The Workplace,” Oregon Labor Law Conference (January 2016)
- “Rights of Police Officers,” WACOPS (October 2015)
- “Grievances and Past Practices,” LRIS (September 2015)
- “Just Cause for Discipline and the Particular Issue of Social Media,” LRIS (June 2015)
- “Social Media In The Workplace,” Oregon Law Institute (May 2015)
- “Firefighters and Social Media,” IAFF 7th District Young Fire Fighters Conference (May 2015)
- “How to Run a Police and Fire Union,” LRIS (February 2015)
- “Grievances and Past Practices,” LRIS (September 2014)
- “Critical Incidents From Every Angle,” LRIS (September 2014)
- “Law Enforcement Officers and Social Media,” LRIS (June 2014)
- “Firefighters and Socil Media,” Oregon State Fire Fighters Council (January 2014)
- Oregon, 2006
- S. District Court for Oregon, 2006
- S. District Court for Western Washington, 2007
- Washington, 2011
- Alaska, 2012
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2014
- S. District Court for Alaska, 2016